Monday, March 1, 2010

Mercy - Is it March Already?

Well I have indeed been delinquent in my lessons and am now just finishing week 7 part 1 even though it is into week 8! By the way as I write this I am snowbound in Moncton. I am part of a team that was booked to do a full-day workshop at NBCC. Well as they say, the best laid plans …. I came up yesterday to avoid any stormy driving this morning. As it turned out our workshop was to start at 9 and they announced a college closure at about 8:15. Oh well – I’ve had the opportunity to have a wonderful education romp through You Tube videos for the last 4 hours.

In my search I did find a great video for a class I am facilitating next week on intercultural communication. I tried to post this comment to the video: I believe that this video helps to capture many of the 'must knows' about intercultural communication. I will use this video in an upcoming class focussing on cultural sensitivity and responsiveness (with students in health professional programs), as in less than 9 minutes there are many significant lessons to ponder and absorb. Despite 3 tries the comment wouldn’t post. I went for help re commenting on videos, but I’m still not certain as to why the comment wouldn’t post –likely the 3 are getting reviewed by CSIS! Who knows, next time I look perhaps all 3 comments will be there – causing readers to wonder if the writer (i.e. me) has a memory problem; otherwise why would she keep posting pretty much the same message?

By the way, if you found the video ‘A Vision of Students Today’ that was included in the tutorial for part 1, you may also find this one called The Lost Generation compelling as well.


PS I found two great educational blog repositories: Kathy’s Ed Tech Blogs and one on blogs in higher education - have a click and see what you think.

Okay without further ado away I go into week 7 part 2.




No comments:

Post a Comment