Monday, March 15, 2010

Tweet Tweet Twitter



Well I found getting into the twitter mindset agonizing and I must admit that I may never be a twitter aficianado BUT I did get to learn a lot about tweeters and tweets. I can also see how twitter could be a great application in a classroom setting, for example as a replacement of the ‘minute paper’. Like all things related to technology though, not everyone will have a cell phone (or a derivative of) or a computer in the classroom so that does stick a pin in the balloon so to speak. By the way I did find an interesting talk by Evan Williams, co founder of twitter. Check it out and you might also be interested in a new look at organizing your twitter life at (mind you the guy is advertising his book, but oh well……)

Anyhow to cut to the chase I wasted an hour trying to find “the perfect” background for my twitter space (is it called a space?) and reluctantly settled on a grunge tree. If you want to check out my meager beginnings I’m at http://twitter.com/SJJudy


But before I leave the ashes of week 9 behind, here is a bit of melodious twitter amusement for you - enjoy!

Now on to the wrap up week - #10 here I come with a pack of enthusiasm accompanying me!





1 comment:

  1. Hi Judy:

    As you know I am a Twitter-holic. I have found amazing resources for professional development - everything from websites to free webinars! I have also built a great Personal Learning Network on Twitter who I can now go to with questions or provide suggestions to when they are in need.

    Warning #1 - It takes at least a month of steady Twitter use to get a good 'handle' on how powerful this tool really is.

    Warning #2 - Once you see how great it is you too may become a "holic".

    ReplyDelete