Monday, March 29, 2010

Is it Really Lesson 10 - Didn't We just Start??



The magazine cover here was created using Big Huge Labs (fd's Flickr Toys).

I must admit that I poured my heart and soul into trying to love Google Docs but I had a nightmare experience using this tool in a course I did last year that I tremble at the sound of the tool! I’m not a quitter though and will try again, but just not right now. That being said though, a few years ago I did work on a fairly extensive bi-campus project with 3 colleagues using Google Docs. Although the project got sideswiped, using the Google Docs did save a lot of time and a few trips to Fredericton.

I looked at the other applications from this 10th session but I couldn’t really get swept up by any of them (and I definitely don’t want to start my own radio station (as in LastFM). But as you now know, I love playing around with images, so Big Huge Labs is a tool that I’ll use personally and can see definite classroom and web page possibilities for it as well. As a matter of fact I’m working with a team of interprofessional educators on a presentation for the upcoming Canadian Network of Innovation in Education conference and having found this tool I’m going to make a mosaic or a puzzle to put on our first slide. Down with wordles – the Big Huge lab offers way more possibilities.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Judy:

    I love the magazine cover! I have used Big Huge Labs to make these as well. Last summer I took pictures of a friend's children at the beach, then I created a magazine cover, had it printed and framed and gave it as a gift. They loved it.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete